- Description: The Hass avocado is dark green-colored with a bumpy skin.
- Fruit Size: Small to medium (140 – 350g) – large fruit an exception.
- Season:May until September in Limpopo South Africa.
- Skin: Thick, green, pebbly skin changes colour to purple/black when ripe/ready to eat. Skin does not yield to pressure easily – once soft or shriveled, fruit is overripe.
- Storage:Excellent shelf life with very few post harvest problems. Store at +5 degrees C – NOT COLDER.
- Taste: Rich and nutty, as opposed to the stringy/watery “Natal” seedling variety.