This course is based on the Fundamentals of Avocado Production course which is an online blended training course customised and reworked to be suitable for a one week course with mostly practical work.
The 5-day practical course 'on how to produce avocados' package includes the following:
- Six nights accommodation at a 3 star venue, including breakfasts;
- 5 days spent touring the farm and surrounding farms to observe practices in avocado production and assisting on the farms with some of these tasks
- The 5 days will include a guided tour to a packing facility (which might not be operational at the time, depending on the dates);
- A number of industry experts will have a 1 hour session each with the students on certain topics
- Dinner will be arranged at a central venue for the 5 nights;
- All transport to and from the hotel in the morning and back in the afternoon;
- All printed material (in English) regarding Agricolleges and any other relevant information sheets;
- Light lunches for the five days.